The Neon Vibe – Tri Cities, WA
TRI CITIES, WA – AUGUST 22, 2015
The sickest night-time color 5k on the planet is coming to Tri Cities, WA on August 22nd! You’ll have more glowing neon color on you than your happy levels can handle so get your friends and family together for this amazing 5k run!
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Check-IN & PACKET PICK UP
- WE RECOMMEND that you check in and pick up your packet the day before the race to avoid waiting in line and the $5 fee for event day packet pick-up on the night of the race.
- What to bring: please bring your receipt either printed or on your phone. You can pick up someone else’s packet but you need to have access to their receipt.
Get ready for the most colorful night of your life at the Neon Vibe! Our course is approximately 5K in length at each location, and it is filled with pure fun. Think of it like this – there’s 5K’s, and then there’s running a 5K in black lights with loads of color! This is the most fun you will ever have at a run. Here is a quick overview of our course.
- After a quick warm up and initial Color Rush, waves of 300 will leave the starting live every 3-5 minutes until all runners have been released. Don’t stress if you don’t make it in the first heat as our DJ will keep everyone pumped and ready to go; you’ll get your turn and it will be amazing! Did we mention it will be raining glow sticks?
- There will be multiple glow zones throughout the course. This is where you’ll be blasted with awesome neon colors under UV black lights. As with any substance, you’ll want to keep it out of your eyes and mouth. Do not stop in the color stations. This will prevent a bottleneck for runners behind you. Don’t worry there will be plenty of fun throughout the course and especially at the AfterVibe party.
- After crossing the finish line and grabbing a bottle of water, please clear the area so you don’t block other runners, and get ready to party! We’ll have a designated area for picture taking, because what’s an awesome night without a few pictures to remember it all by? Then get ready to dance the night away at the Aftervibe celebration where there will be Color Rushes galore, dance competitions, and music from our DJ to create an unbeatable energy not found at any other 5K. Plus show us your excitement and win some awesome Neon Vibe gear!
- Check back soon for a map of this course!
- Wear clothes you wouldn’t mind getting color on, the color comes out for the most part, but that’s not a guarantee. We recommend bringing something to protect your car for the ride home. A towel or garbage bag to sit on will do the trick and will prevent your car from getting as colorful as you. The sooner you clean up, the easier the color comes off.
- We’re committed to raising funds and awareness for a local charity in each of the towns we visit. See our charity page for information about this event’s beneficiary!